You walk into your office, coffee in hand, and sit down. You open up the Arcana dashboard for openedx courses and like magic you could see all the real-time data about your courses and users in a beautiful and simple to use interface. Furthermore, you are not a data scientist, but all these data together make too much sense, so it's easy for you to report to your boss on how well courses and users are doing. "Thank god for this," you say out loud with relief as you start looking at the various charts displayed on the screen. "I don't have time to analyze every last detail of my course user interactions." The pie chart shows that there has been an increase in student
Why should you care about analytics and metrics
A lot of course administrators find it difficult to keep a close eye on their courses. They are not always sure how well their courses and students are doing. It's clear that course administrators need to be able to easily observe the performance of their courses in order to know whether they should make any changes, but it isn't easy for them without an analytics tool. By using the right tool, you can learn from your students and make decisions from their activities to improve your course's qualities.
What is Arcana
Arcana is an analytics system that provides real-time data to help you make informed decisions. It's easy and intuitive, so it needs minimal training. It tackles installation complexity by requiring no more than one click for setup; infrastructure costs are nonexistent, and it works with different versions and installations of Open edx.
Open edX Insights
It's not surprising that the openedx insights solution is expensive because it needs a lot of infrastructure and to maintain this platform can be quite complex. More importantly, there are rumors that openedx may discontinue their insight solutions. So more than ever we need a platform to give us open edx analytics in an easier and cheaper way.
Data can be difficult to understand, especially if you are not an expert. Arcana is here to help! We created Arcana because other tools like figures and insights are really hard to maintain. You need to upgrade them with new versions of Open edx, they have installation complexity and in the case of insights infrastructure costs are really high. Arcana is a new analytics system that provides real-time data to help you make informed decisions. It's easy and intuitive, so it needs minimal training. It tackles installation complexity by requiring no more than one click for setup; infrastructure costs are nonexistent, and it works with different versions and installations of Open edx.
- GDPR-compliant: No personal data will be collected, and as soon as they are removed from your Open edx it is guaranteed that the student's information would not show up in Arcana.
- Secure system: We secured Arcana with restricted sign up and MFA by default, so you can keep your account safe from any cyberattacks.
- Real-time reports: Unlike Figures, Insights, and other analytics for Open edx, Arcana's report feed is updated as soon as new information becomes available
- Simple Metrics: The goal of Arcana is to provide you all the valuable and actionable metrics at a glance in a simple and modern web analytics dashboard
- No technical knowledge required: Even if you're not a tech wizard, using Arcana is incredibly easy!
- Easy-to-use interface: The interface is designed with the user in mind, which means you won't have to spend time figuring out how it works.
- Downloadable reports: you can download all the reports in your favorite format - CSV, excel, and JSON.
- Filters: Arcana allows for the filtering of generated reports in real-time.
- Receive updates with Pulses: You can get your data updates instantly via email or slack (PII data not allowed)